SA Power Networks
Sharing the Power of Education.
Plastyk were commissioned to create an 'interactive house' as an educational web app for children 8 - 12 years old to become familiar with the energy hungry electrical devices in their household. The progressive web app utilises online web technologies with no specific plug-ins required which makes for a very portable and easy to access online tool. The project included web design, user experience (UX), copywriting, illustration and custom programming.
The education piece for children to become familiar with the energy hungry devices in their home included:
- How does electricity get to your home?
- How do most homes use electricity?
- Hints & tips - some easy ways to save electricity around your home.
- Card matching game - match watts to specific household items.
- Which uses less power? Choose between 'A' or 'B'.
- Find power hungry items in various room scenarios and turn them off to save money.
- Certificate presented at end for suitable completion of the above tasks.
As a part of their community and education program, SA Power Networks required an interactive online educational tool aimed at 8 - 12 year olds to learn about saving power around the home. A level of assistance was required so the demographic were able to complete the tasks in a fun and challenging way while using the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level formula to ensure the text was written in a manner that was appropriate for the end users.
Plastyk Studios developed a web app, not requiring additional downloads or technologies, making it extremely easy for the target audience to get involved. This was incorporated on to the exisiting SA Power Corporate website. The overall concept, copywriting, user experience, creation of the characters, their personas and illustrations were all created in-house at Plastyk Studios.